Getting answers to your medical questions is the first step to becoming healthier but checking your health symptoms online and relying on those results can be dangerous. It’s also a good way to instill panic, since symptoms can be vague and applicable to any number of innocuous conditions. You don’t need to pull up a symptom checker and panic at long list of scary-sounding diseases.
If you’re experiencing symptoms, pain, or notice something that troubles you, the team at Advanced Family Medicine will evaluate your symptoms, including a number of things online checkers are apt to overlook, such as lifestyle, family history, medical history, and so on. And if our tests yield results that require more attention, we’re here to help you decide upon the treatment plan that makes the most sense for you.
Our diagnostic procedures include:
- Bloodwork – Bloodwork helps medical professionals test for certain diseases, infections, and conditions, and evaluate how your organs are functioning.
- Ultrasounds – Also called a sonography, this imaging method uses sound waves to produce images of soft tissue structures, and is a tool for diagnosing diseases and conditions.
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) – A simple, painless test that records your heart’s electrical activity.
- Echocardiogram (Echo) – An ultrasound of the heart.
- Pulmonary Function Test (PFT) – A test that measures how well your lungs are working.
- Ankle-Brachial Pressure Index (ABI) – A noninvasive testing to determine the presence of peripheral vascular disease.
We take your health, and your concerns about your health, seriously. If you find you’re feeling ill or are concerned about something you’ve noticed, call or visit Advanced Family Medicine for diagnostic services